Workshops | The Art of Productive Conflict
The Art of Productive Conflict
Transform Conflict into an Opportunity for Improved Relationships, Innovation and Team Effectiveness.
Growth Through Conflict
Conflict is one of the most misunderstood and under-valued components of team interaction. In the natural world, conflict is the primary driver of change and evolution. When species are competing for resources, nature develops innovative solutions and refinements that lead to the development of stronger, more resilient systems for survival and growth.
Similarly, in organizations and teams, conflict can give rise to new ideas, innovation and productive change. Without this understanding and the tools to effectively manage conflict, many of us either engage in destructive conflict, or do our best to avoid it. The truth is, everyone has a unique and often valuable perspective of any given event, problem or situation. People often see things others have missed, or think of solutions that did not occur to anyone else.
- Manage and resolve conflict in a productive manner
- Shift focus from “problem” to “solution”
- Understand human motivation and universal emotional and psychological needs
- Find innovative resolutions that meet both parties’ needs
- Positively manage interactions with “difficult” personalities
- Be assertive, without being aggressive
- Turn win-lose and lose-lose situations into win-win encounters
- Managing stress and emotions effectively
- Withstand verbal assault and defuse strong emotions
- How conflict can lead to creatitity, innovation and positive change
- Managing stress before and during conflict
- Communicating resprectfully
- Clarifying perception in conflict
- Listening as a powerful conflict resolution tool
- Improving relationships
- Common Pitfalls to avoid
- Giving and receiving feedback effectively
"Creative solutions are a result of bringing together diverse views, experience and perspectives towards a common goal."
Who Needs The Art of Productive Conflict?
Whether you are a leader, manager, sales rep, facilitator, teacher or parent, you need to teach, lead, sell, and inspire others.